January 5, 2018 at 9:13 am #13035Das GoravaniParticipant
2. Can the JC use Code Classes. I have much code in them.
3. So there is no copy/paste of interface items from Omnis Windows on the remote form? You have to remake your interface using the objects made for the form specifically? I have complex sets of fields and other interface structures already made and running… I would have to remake them using the objects created for the remote form and JC structure? Pasting or no pasting is the question.
4. I am about to play with the form and objects and may learn the answer to this one but is there a basic background object “line” as there is in regular Omnis?
5. Can you ship externals and text files used by the externals with your deployed JC app ?
6. Which is used more, this forum, or the old developers email list server?
das@Goravani.comJanuary 10, 2018 at 6:27 am #13129Paul MulroneyParticipant
Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you. In answer to your questions:
1. Yes. While code can be executed on the jsClient, you can also execute code on the Omnis server that the jsClient is connected to.
2. Yes. It’s not the preferred setup – Code Classes are considered to be “not good Object-Oriented design”. That being said, if you’re converting your app to a more modern setup, code classes can be a stepping stone into the Object-Oriented world.
3. No. No copy/paste from thick client window objects to remote forms. You have to remake your interface using the objects specifically made for the remote form. You could consider writing some code to do the work for you, and create an equivalent of each field in the remote form, but what you find is that the remote forms don’t work quite the same way as a window would. Depending on how your thick-client application works, there could be huge differences between the two.
4. No. There is a “Background object”, which can be set to be a line, or a circle, rectangle, image etc.
5. Yes. Keep in mind, unless you’re deploying a “serverless client”, you need an Omnis Server running somewhere that your jsClient connects to. That’s where the externals etc are installed.
6. I suspect the mailing list 🙂
My friend asked me to help him round up his 37 sheep. I said “40”
Paul W. Mulroney
We Don't Do Simple Pty Ltd
ACN 161 009 374
Bentley Western Australia 6102
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.